Local Book Artists: A-L
- Jody Alexander
- Jalex Books
- Specializes in handmade journals, photo albums and artists’ books. Her own handmade papers, simple printing techniques and found objects are incorporated into her sculptural book art.
- Susan Angebranndt
- Green Chair Press/Susan Angebranndt Books
- Artist’s books and small editions.
- Nicole Anderson
- Nicole Anderson BOOK ARTS
- Fine hand bound books, albums, portfolios, and boxes
- Patrice Baldwin
- Pequeño Press
- I publish limited edition, hand bound books. I specialize in miniature books. I teach bookbinding, paper making & casting and marbling in my new studio in Santa Maria CA. I do group workshops wherever I’m invited also.
- 1505 Buckskin Dr.
Santa Maria CA 93454
- Cathey R. Bayless
- Peti Prints
- I want a still life. Painting still lifes calms me. I find making books meditative. I find doing art meditative.
- Joan Ingoldsby Brown
- Book Artist
- Graduated from Cooper Union Art School, NYC, 1953. Self-employed graphic designer since 1969. Fine art photographer 1980 – present. Three artists books accepted in Triton Museum “Books as Art” Show, 2001; received Steven Corey Award for “Immortality” in Biennial PCBA Members Show “Bookworks 2001”.
- Cathy DeForest
- Unique, one of a kind artist books, small editions, etchings, letterpress broadsides, lanterns, photography. Founder of Lafayette Gallery, coop of 20 artists.
- 3559 S. Silver Springs Rd.
Lafayette, CA 94549
- Melissa Dinwiddie
- Melissa Dinwiddie Designworks
- Professional calligrapher, book artist and teacher. Artists’ books range from traditional forms, embellished with hand-lettering, to more sculptural pieces that challenge the definition of what is a book.
- Don Drake
- dreaming mind
- Beautiful handmade journals, photo albums, sketchbooks and guest books. Accepts commissions.
- 5664 Sun Ridge Court
Castro Valley, CA 94552-2634
- Foolscap Press
- Fine press books, edition binding and boxes.
- 412 Trevethan Avenue
Santa Cruz, California 95062
- Alisa Golden
- never mind the press
- Book artist and printmaker, letterpress printer, author of two how-to books from Sterling Publishing: Creating Handmade Books (1998) and Unique Handmade Books (2001).
- P.O. Box 8106
Berkeley, CA 94707
- CJ grossman
- Mixed media and installation artist, specializing in unique artist books. MFA from California College of Arts and Crafts. Teacher of book arts to adults and children. Editor of the national newsletter for educators, Kids Making Books.
- Michael Henninger
- Rat Art Press
- Artist’s Books, Prints, and other interactive artworks, using both traditional and digital media. Professor in the Art Department at Cal State University Hayward.
- Donnasue Jacobi
- Book art and photography.
- Diane Clark Johnson
- Artists books, small editions.
- Marie Kelzer
- Specializing in decorative paste papers (available in sheets). Also creates handmade books, journals, photo albums and paper products.
- P.O. Box 14634
San Francisco, CA 94114-0634
Local Book Artists: M-Z
- Jone Small Manoogian
- Printer turned poet and book artist. A late bloomer, her first art classes were in 1981. Manoogian was a painter from 1983 – 1997, as well as a photographer and printmaker. Founded Bay Area Book Artists in 1995, and chaired it through 1999. She received the South Bay Area Women’s Caucus For Art’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001. Manoogian creates one of a kind and limited edition illustrated original poetry books, as well as unique personal sculptural books. Manoogian offers workshops and custom book binding.
- Leigh McClellan
- Meadow Press
- Limited editions of letterpress printed, handbound books: poetry, prose, music.
- Ellen Singletary
- Painting and poetry. I recently self-published a collection of my Office Poems, via copy machine at Kinko’s.
- Kara Sjoblom-Bay
- Peng Peng Wang
- Book art, book restoration and art conservation.
- Marcia Weisbrot
- Artist’s books, crafted with traditional, digital and recycled materials. Contents reflect thoughts, observations and ideas about current events, contemporary women’s lives, and the issues that sustain and challenge them.
- Elizabeth Badurina, Art Journals
- Tracey Bush, Book Arts
- Nancy Curry, Book Arts, Collage, Mixed Media, Paper Arts
- Graeme Dawes, Book Arts
- Debbie D. Dodd, Book Arts, Paper Arts
- Vickie Enkoff, Art Journals, Collage, Stamping
- Beth Lee, Book Arts, Calligraphy
- Karen Michel, Book Arts, Collage, Painting
- Catherine L. Nash, Book Arts (sculptural), Papermaking
- Megan Noel, Assemblage, Book Arts, Dolls, Tag Art
- Heather O’Neill, Assemblage, Book Arts, College
- Lesley Riley, Book Arts, Collage, Dolls, Quilting
- Priscilla Robinson, Papermaking
- Janice Sapp, Book Arts, Drawing, Metal Work, Painting
- Karen Thomas, Book Arts, Drawing, Origami, Painting
- Juliann Wasisco, Book Arts, Boxes, Tag Art
- Amy Wilson, Book Arts, Stamping